Monday 14 May 2007

Salty Curium Chicken

It was a nice Sunday afternoon and my friends asked me over to their place to prepare a dish and have lunch together. I did not have any idea on what to prepare initially, but finally decided to go wild on my imaginations. Back in Malaysia, Salty Curium Chicken was a famous dish, but I did not know exactly how other people made it. Hence, I came out with my own version of it...



Ingredients:

1 whole chicken

1/2 cup Coconut Milk

3 stems Spring Onion

1 inch Ginger

50g Black Pepper Corn

500g Crystallized Sea Salt

Method:
1. Marinate the Chicken in Coconut Milk for about 30-45 minutes.

2. Preheat oven to 250 degrees Celcius.

3. Roughly chop the spring onion and ginger and stuff inside the chicken.

4. Roughly crush the Pepper Corn and fry them together with the Sea Salt in a heated wok.

5. Prepare a tray with aluminum foil placed in tact. Lay a layer of Pepper Corn and Sea Salt when the aroma is pungent enough. Place the chicken on top. Cover with the remaining Sea Salt and Pepper.

6. Wrap the chicken in aluminium foil and curium in oven for at least 45 minutes at 250 degrees Celcius. Done. Unwrap and serve hot.

*Lightly scrape off the Sea Salt and Pepper Corn before serving.

Well, I cannot say that the recipe is perfect, there is still room for improvement. I think I already know how to do it the correct way, as what people make for selling to others. But that will have to wait till next time...

No comments: