Wednesday 16 May 2007

Lotus are Beautiful, their Roots are delicious

On my trip to the city the other day, I came across some pre-packed lotus roots and I couldn't resist buying a couple of them, despite the fact that they are not as good as the fresh ones. However, I only came to realise that I should have bought some other ingredients from city as well to make a hearty Lotus Root Soup, which apparently I didn't and there was not much I can do about it. Fortunately, with the limted food stock in the refrigerator and the kitchen's cabinet, I manage to pull something out of it...

Ingredients:
400g Sliced Lotus Root
1 carrot, sliced
25g dried shrimp
10g peanuts
1 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
2 clove garlic
2tbsp Vegetable Oil
3 slice ginger
4 tbsp Chinese Rice Wine
Sugar, Salt and Pepper to taste

Method:
1. Soak the dried shrimp and lightly toast the peanuts before hand.
2. Drain the dried shrimp and lightly fry in a heated empty wok. Add in chopped garlic and ginger to fry before adding vegetable oil.
3. Add in the lotus root slices, stri fry for a couple of minutes before adding in the sliced carrots.
3. Add seasoning to taste, bring to boil after adding the rice wine. Stir in the peanuts. Done.

No comments: