Friday 2 November 2007

Back Again... FINALLY!!! (Tomato Soup)

It has been really some time since I last posted any new dish, all thanks to my Design! Well, lucky thing is, everything is finally over now, I will be posting more actively this month as other mates drown themselves in mountains of books and texts trying to finish all their syllabus for their exams. ^^ EVIL! Nevertheless, to celebrate the end of my semester, I will first post 6 dishes that I made over this busy period, followed by other new dishes everyday! Hope that everyone enjoys reading and trying out the dishes. =)





Well, let's start with soups, who does not like soups? =)



This is a simple soup to make which I think is especially suitable for those lone cooks, so don't feel bad if you are cooking and dining alone, I have had many similar sessions as well. =)

Ingredients: (serves 1)

2 medium size Tomato (diced)

2 pc Fresh Tofu (diced, or cut into 9 cubes each)

1/2 Spanish Red Onion (diced)

2 tbsp Tomato Paste (use tomato ketchup if you don't have it)

1 tbsp Dried Basil

1 tbsp Salt

1 tbsp Olive Oil

1 tsp Sugar

1 tsp Pepper

2 bowls Water


Method:

1. Brown red on ion in a small pot together with olive oil and sugar, stir in diced tomato and tomato Paste. Add basil and stir fry until fragrant. Add water, cover with lid and bring to boil.

2. Remove lid, add pepper and salt, throw in the diced tofu, cover with lid again and simmer with low heat until boil. Done. Serve hot.

No comments: