Tuesday 25 September 2007

Mid Autumn Experiment!

This was my first time baking mooncakes, and seriously speaking, it ain't that easy! But it was a lot of fun! I literally baked until 2.30am yesterday (first time staying up for baking and not architecture! laughs*), and was thinking of whether or not to make another set of recipe, but at the end of the second recipe, my brain was really urging me to go to bed already, hence, I had to stop and clean up the mess, looking forward to the next mooncake baking session!

I actually used 2 different recipes yesterday, one was gathered and improvised from heaps of websites on the internet, the other was improvised from Su Yin's (hopefully this is enough to address your works >.<). Anyway, the first one resulted in a darker mooncake skin colour, while Su Yin's was lighter in colour, so it really depends what type of outcome the chef prefers... ^^



Well, considering it was my first time baking mooncakes, far away from home, I reckon the results were really satisfying (without any special utensils, it was tough!), especially when I saw those mooncakes come out from oven, and even more when I bite them! laughs* If you asked me whether all the attempts went successful, I would say, NO! but this is the advantage of blogging, I don't have to show everything! XD


Check out a few of them in Detail (first time using this word out of architecture lol)

Who can miss out pig faces during occasions like this XD Oink Oink, shrugs*

Nemo's friend, hahaha, the idea stroke me as the ingredients were running out and I was working on the last piece of dough I had made.



I wanted to make a Lotus Flower initially, but obviously it didn't turn out as expected, but hey, it's still looks like a flower, of some sort. lol









Fish swimming around lotus in white pond* painted by Archicook! Hahaha

Ok, ok, I do miss home, partly because there is Sarawak Pineapples back home! The darker skin colour is due to the use of the other recipe, not because it's over burnt...




I wanted to make rabbits like Su Yin did, but the dough I used turned out darker, made them look like mouse instead... >.<

1 comment:

Roy'zMataphor said...

From what it looks,i'll give you a credit ,man,your works worth it,makes my eyes bright just to look at it,nice work =D