Sunday 2 September 2007

The Classy Lidnt's

It has been some time since I posted on some nice places to dine and hang out. But the fact is, I have been around visiting some really nice restaurants, but most of the time the laziness just drives me away from posting them.... =)

However, a visit to Lindt's Cafe at Darling Harbour yesterday really urged me to post it straight away this morning. Thanks very much to fact that this fellow Taylorian senior that came to Sydney from Canberra, we get to visit this wonderful place. The night actually started with a dine out at Takeru's, it's really a good restaurant I reckon. But I will leave that for another day, this post is about Lindt's!

Well, after our dinner, fellow Hong Leong actually suggested to have a coffee or something, to get everyone sat together, and talk and chat a bit in a warmth environment. We actually spent sometime sitting around Darling Harbour waiting for Hong Leong's mates before going there, so time was actually running out as we arrived there about 11pm. (It closes at 12am!)

Goodie! The wait and the walk was worthwhile after all. The cafe was classy and elegant, with all the glossy finishes, advocating it's sense of class and prestige. In contrary to Max Brenner's at Paddington, this is indeed very different! Wondering why there is no picture to compliment what I am talking about? They do not allow it! What a waste! But in a way, hey, come and have a look for yourself! XD

Check out their Hot Choco! Free from Max's funky and 'at the face' attitude! Frankly speaking, all the things here focus more on quality and class, which I think in a way ties them down a bit on the more formal and serious approach in presenting their products. Having said, it does not mean it is on the downside! Seriously, their choco is quite good!


Looks like those drinks you get at the Mamak's back in Malaysia? No it's NOT! You can't call the waitress 'tangachi'! lol Anyway, what you are looking at is Fui Kiat's Iced Choco, he said it is too sweet, not sure about that, I only tried a scoop! Haha. For those who visit there, I do recommend the Iced Choco or Mocha with Ice Cream, or simply the hot choco, the latter is a lot more fun!

Check out Wen Liang's Mocha, the presentation is not bad, thanks to those Barista skills! Again, this is not teh tarik with choco flakes on top!
Now I mentioned about the Hot Choco which is more fun... Hehe I ordered Rich Dark as usual, personal preference! XD Check out the outcome just below!
Tadahhhh! How is it? Not bad I reckon! ^^ Self-taught! Thanks to my visits to Max! Haha the next time, I'll attempt the leaf motif, if I succeed in doing so, they should give me a Barista cert!
Tasting time! Yummy! ^^ Seriously, you cannot compare the Lindt's and Max's. They are way too different, even the quality, aroma and texture of the choco is different. They are both good, in their own way, I reckon. But if you ask around, I think most people still prefer Max, sorry Lindt, no offence! I still like your choc! Haha

1 comment:

williamfong said...

i feel that the iced mocha's taste better. mine wasn't warm enough. and it looks like theres a 'chocolate hole' going on there on the foam's surface... hmm... how obscene. heheh.