Friday 13 July 2007

Strong Waves...Prelude to Hurricane

Everyone has been talking about this place and I was thinking "Gosh I've got to go and try it this holiday", and I did! Finally got to taste the pork rib that a lot people were talking about! It was quite an effort to get everyone to get together as everyone was busy with their own plans and stuff, but yeah, we finally went there! I personally placed the reservation a day before we went there and I was wondering what makes this place so famous that it can be fully booked for the whole day? Luckily there was an empty slot before 7.30pm for that day and me and my mates could go for that... The point is, the place is really famous! and it was crowded within 30 minutes of operation, we know that as we were the first table of customers that day, and we saw how the crowd fill in the tables so fast, that you wouldn't believe it, and even when we left, people were continuously flocking to the restaurant, Gosh, thank God I placed a reservation...

Anyway, as mentioned in the title, we (well, Derrick and me for that matter) witnessed the strong waves at Bondi Beach that day right before we went to the restaurant. We were there early as we were looking for vacant jobs at Bondi Junction, which we then thought of going to the beach earlier, as I never went there before. Anyway, good experience! The strong wind was hustling and pushing the waves relatively strong that day, my hair was all blown up...HaHa. I've got to come back to the beach during summer or something, as this place is famous for sunbathing and other beach activities, so it would be pretty much a guys heaven I reckon (oops, I meant beach lovers) HaHaHa...








As you could see, the restaurant was pretty empty when we got there, without the crowd and people, the interior design is pretty good I reckon. Ofcourse, when people come into the picture, it shows another face of the place, the livelihood of it, how people from various places are brought together just because of one thing, GOOD FOOD! HaHa

Alritey, here is what we came for, the ribs, the full rack, looks good huh? sorry to vegans, this is quite vulgar, there really isn't much we could do... The taste was really special, I reckon they have Rosemary, Honey, BBQ sauce and more...hmmm... It would really make a big difference if there was some green veggies or salad to compliment it...but other than that, THUMBS UP!




Sorry again to Vegans! Check out the ribs! I wonder what they do with all the bones? I reckon that each table in the restaurant ordered at least one plate of the ribs (most had 2 to 4). Each full rack comes with about 24 ribs? that makes up to more that 1000 rib bones per night! What do they do with it?! Is there enough dogs in the area to consume all the bones? Hmm I reckon they just dump it at some large dump site... HaHa


Thanks heaps to the lovely waitress, HaHaHa... It's San Rou and Ham at the far end. They ordered grill chicken and lamp respectively. Ham was busy eating the whole night and didn't get to speak much. Probably it's too tasty I guess? HaHaHa...

Leaving the place, people still queing to get their hands on their very one ribs. I guess it's worthwhile the wait...

No comments: