Thursday 13 December 2007

Back Again! Golden White Jade

FINALLY! I reckon it has been really some time since my last post, all thanks to my overwhelming laziness and busy schedule recently. Now now, let me explain a bit, the last few weeks in Sydney had been spent by participating in trips to various places in New South Wales, not forgetting dining out at all those fabulous restaurants all around Sydney! It has been a truly fulfilling experience, especially to my own stomach I reckon!!! XD If by any chance that those who are reading this blog are interested in what I did in those trips, checkout my facebook photo albums, I made an effort to post some pictures, but sadly to say not each of it, hopefully you will find those place interesting and make an effort to visit them as well! I highly recommend the sand boarding activity at Port Stephens and seafood gastronomic experience new Hornsby River!

Well, let's not forget what I am use to posting, this recipe is one of the dish that I made when Connie asked me to cook one night's dinner, in a way a farewell dinner for Carrie's leaving as well. I really have to apologize to Connie as I promised her that I would post the recipe of this dish the very next following day, but obviously I did not do so... Ashamed Hence Connie, sorry for that, and let us check out that recipe I promised you, what you called it again? Golden White Jade was it? laughing



Ingredients: (serves 3)
500g Fresh Soft Tofu (sliced into rectangle pieces)
1 no. Canned Mango Slices
10g Crushed Peanuts (lightly toasted)
2 tbsp Cinnamon Powder
1 1/2 tbsp Corn Flour
1 tbsp Hot Paprika Powder
2 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Sugar (not a must)
Salt and Pepper to taste
5 tbsp Vegetable Oil
2 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
2 slices Ginger (finely chopped)

Method:

I wonder did everyone like the essay-like approach I tried out in the last two posts, but I think I am beginning to like that style as it makes things less formal and hence I will continue to use it and improvise as things go...

Mix 2 tbsp cinnamon powder with 1 1/2 tbsp cornflour in a bowl, stir in hot paprika powder and some pepper as well, mix well. Lightly coat each piece of tofu with the powder mixture, leave aside. Heat 3 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan, lightly fry the tofu pieces in hot oil until they start to turn yellow or gold-ish colour. Remove from on oil and leave on kitchen towel to rest. Drain but keep the mango juice from the canned mango. Mix the juices with the remaining powder mixture from earlier, leave aside. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok or pan, stir in chopped garlic and ginger and fry till aromatic. Stir in mango slices (cut into smaller pieces if desired) and fry for 1 minute before adding in the fried tofu, continue to stir-fry gently for another 2 minutes or so. Add in the sauce mixture and mix well, add at most 1/2 cup of water if the ingredients are too dry (the sauce should be thick enough to just coat the ingredients, not too watery), turn to high heat and bring to boil. Add the remaining seasoning to own suit own taste. Turn off heat, stir in toasted peanuts and mix well. Done, serve hot or warm before the sauce dries off, which is quite fast...

No comments: