Thursday 18 October 2007

The Modest Treasure Box

It has been quite some time again since I posted my last dish, I think I will not be able to make hit more than 15 dishes this month, all thanks to my assignments at uni. =( My brain has been thinking a lot of my design rather than food recently, well, it is good in a way I reckon, but bad for the little chef inside me...


But anyway, check out this 'Modest Treasure Box', a simple dish that was inspired from last weekend's "Cook of The Year" event held by UNIBUDS. In fact, I got quite a number of ideas from that event, just that time has been prohibiting me from making any of those ideas come to post! Just grumbling for the sake of it! ^^




Ingredients: (makes 12)
900g (12 pieces) Fresh Tofu
300g Minced Pork
2 tbsp English Mustard Sauce
2 tbsp Crunchy Peanut Butter
2 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Black Pepper Powder
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Egg
1 tbsp Cornflour (mixed with 2 tbsp water before use)
3 tbsp Five Spice Powder



Method:
1. In a bowl, mix minced pork, English mustard, peanut butter, light soy sauce, black pepper powder. In another bowl, mix vegetable oil, cornflour and egg. Mix two bowls of ingredients together at last until it forms a paste-like form.
2. Rinse all the tofu thoroughly, pad dry with kitchen towel, coat all tofu pieces thoroughly with five spice powder.
3. Handling the tofu, cut off the 1/3 top of a piece of tofu, score a square outline on the remaining 2/3 of the tofu, dig out the content carefully with a spoon. Repeat with remaining tofu.
4. Scoop in some mixed paste into the hole on each tofu, press firmly to ensure it is full, cover back with top piece of tofu. Repeat with remaining tofu.
5. On a baking tray, place a sheet of aluminium foil, oil with butter or vegetable oil. Arrange tofu on top of aluminium foil. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius. Done. Serve hot or warm.


No comments: